Let the celebration begin, Carley from American Express Travel just sent over our flight confirmation for Disney Aulani! Yes, that’s right, The Jet-Set Family’s first family vacation of 2013 is to Hawaii and we are doing backflips. This is Jet-Set Tot’s first official Spring Break, and we’re seriously overjoyed to be headed to paradise. Not to mention, this is our first week at Disney’s newest property. Oh, and it was also the very first photo that went up on Jet-Set Tot’s dream board last year!
For six-nights, we’ll be calling a one-bedroom ocean view villa home and with 69 days left, I’m in official planning mode. For those who have traveled with, or has ever seen Jet-Set Mom in action, I make org charts for fun. I plan our dinners and activities months in advance. I go a little nuts so that once I step on that flight it’s all organized and smooth sailing. My school of thought is simple. If everything is settled beforehand then it’s much easier to relax while traveling.
And don’t forget, the hotel’s Concierge can be your best friend! Some things The Jet-Set Family definitely wants to check out while visiting the island: Pearl Harbor, North Shore, swim with dolphins, and take some surfing lessons! While at Aulani, we look forward to dining at a Disney character breakfast, learn to hula dance, check out the Fish are Friends program at Aunty’s Beach House and their star-gazing programs! Oh, and maybe even a spa treatment.
Until then, this Jet-Set Mom will be focusing on the details…
Two months out
- Call concierge to arrange dining reservations and resort activities.
- Call Disney Adventures to arrange day trips and sight-seeing excursions.
- Register Jet-Set Tot for Aunty’s Beach House’s Fish Are Friends program.
One month out
- Arrange airport transfers or rental car.
- Fill out and return the Disney Aulani grocery order form so that snacks are waiting for us upon arrival.
Two weeks out
- Make a family packing list.
- Find out if flights have on-board entertainment and Wi-Fi capabilities.
- Shop for carry-on items: magazines,
- Stop mail.
One week out
- Confirm all reservations: hotel, car/transfer, activities, excursions, dining, etc.
- Print out all confirmations.
- Make a carry-on packing list.
- Layout clothes, toiletries, shoes, etc.
- Organize documents: passports, IDs, flight confirmations, etc.
- Start packing
- Charge electronics.
- Pack carry-on.
- Check your documents!
- Grab a few dollars from the ATM.
How do you prep for your family vacation?
Nicole Standley a.k.a. Jet-Set Mom, is a social influencer + lifestylist covering luxury travel, fine-dining, fashion & pop culture for The Trend Tribe. Contributor for CBS LA, Lucky Magazine, Burke Williams Spa & Moonfrye.com, follow her latest travels and escapades on Instagram, Google+ and Twitter.